When to Call a Roofing Expert for Austin Storm Damage Repair
As we all know, Texas weather can be pretty unpredictable. One minute it’s sunny and beautiful, and the next, there’s a severe thunderstorm rolling in. These weather systems and their intensity have recently increased across the state, making storm damage to structures more common.
If you find your home or business caught in a storm, you must know when to call a roofing expert for help. Below are some signs that you may need to contact a roofing company for a storm damage inspection in Austin.
Missing shingles can be dangerous to the integrity of your roof. If left untreated, it can lead to more severe damage in the future. Also, missing shingles leave your roof vulnerable to pests like birds and mice.
Keeping an eye out for any noticeable signs of damage is essential and should be done regularly. Look for any obvious signs like dark or discolored spots on your roof or increased granules washing away after it rains. If you suspect missing shingles on your roof, it’s wise to call a professional immediately to assess the damage.
Here are some key points to remember when dealing with missing shingles:
- As soon as you notice the missing shingles on your roof, contact a reputable roofer immediately.
- If you don’t address the problem promptly, more extensive damage could occur down the road, including water damage and pest infestations.
- Regularly inspect your roof for any signs of trouble, like discolored spots or increased granules after it rains.
- Discoloration means the shingle is no longer protective, which can lead to long-term damage.
- Granules washing away can mean the shingle has reached its end of life.
Contact Crewlyn Contracting for shingle repair and roof replacement after a major storm. Our expert roofers specialize in storm damage repair in Austin and can help you with roofing needs.
Don’t wait—contact us today at 512-690-0135 for a free inspection!
If you have noticed water spots on your ceiling, blistered or peeling paint, or discoloration, you likely have a leak in your roof due to storm damage. You should take action right away to prevent further damage and costly repairs.
Here are some tips for dealing with a leaking ceiling:
- Stabilize the area around the leak and move any valuables out of the way.
- Break out a bucket and tarp to catch and divert water dripping from the ceiling.
- Ensure gutters are clean and debris-free so rainwater can flow freely away from your home.
- Replace an older roof with one more resistant to leaks.
Finally, contact your insurance company if necessary, then call a professional roofing expert for storm damage before another weather system hits Austin.
Dents or Indentations From Hail Damage
The heavy storms in Texas can leave your roof with dents or indentations caused by hail. Although these dents may seem trivial, they can cause severe damage to your roof. Dents can lead to cracks that make it easy for wind and rainwater to enter the home and cause more problems.
If you suspect hail damage on your roof, look for dented shingles or indentations and contact a professional immediately. An experienced roofer can assess the damage and determine the necessary steps for their inspection.
When you’re not sure if hail damage is present, here are a few key indicators to look out for:
- Dark or discolored spots on your roof.
- Granules from the shingles washing away.
- Dents or indentations that weren’t present before the storm.
- Cracks in the material or asphalt.
Call a professional roofer immediately to assess the damage and replace the affected shingles if you notice any of these signs.
Visible Moisture in Your Attic
Visible moisture in your attic indicates that your roof needs storm damage repair. Air leaks could cause this, but they could also mean leaks in the roof. If you notice water droplets or condensation, you must take action immediately.
You should immediately contact a professional to inspect and seal any air leaks in the attic. You should also have a professional inspect the roof to determine where the moisture comes from and make repairs.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Roof?
With the influx of storms in Austin, it’s essential to know whether you need to repair or replace your roof. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may need the services of a roofer to assess the situation.
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether to repair or replace your roof:
- Age – If your roof is over 20 years old, it may be time to replace it.
- Damage – If there is significant damage because of a storm, replace the roof, as repairs may be insufficient.
- Cost – The cost to repair or replace a roof should be weighed against the value of your home. Sometimes replacing an older roof is more cost-effective in the long run.
- Safety – If you feel unsafe on or near your roof, call a professional to inspect it.
- Appearance – If your roof is unappealing or unsightly, consider replacing it for aesthetic reasons.
Our roof calculator is a valuable tool for getting an idea of the price. Use it to estimate the cost of a new roof, and then contact an experienced roofer for more information.
At Crewlyn Contracting, we offer Austin storm damage repair and roof replacement services. We have an outstanding reputation for dealing with projects involving insurance claims, which is vital to customers that have experienced storm damage. We strive to provide timely, reliable service at a reasonable price. Our expert roofers will honestly assess the situation and advise you on the best course of action.